January 2, 2006

Party with the beautiful people


I celebrated New Year's by going to an "A-List" party at a swank hotel in South Beach.
This is partying at a new level.
General admission tickets sold for $200.
Those two benjamins got you all you could drink at the bar til midnight, if you could fight through the insane lines at the bar.
Fortunately I went with my cousin Darin who went in w/ some friends from his work. They got a cabana with bottle service, the works. Of course we had to dress big too.

The theme of the party at the hotel, the Raleigh, was about circuses or mardi gras. There were dancers and allegedly fire breathers and other such performers though I never saw them, because I was hanging out at the cabana around midnight.
I kept wondering what kind of people just shell out this kind of money for a night's worth of partying. Well, some really beautiful people did. Some average people. Tourists, locals, people visiting friends in town. Yuppies. Traveling nurses. Businessmen. Hey Craig David showed up too.
Joe sang a couple tunes at a tent next to the pool with pink inflatable balloons in the shape of giant jacks or those metal objects the Germans laid on the beach to obstruct the Allies on D-Day.
Yes, I'd say a good time was had by all.
The next morning, or afternoon rather, after robotically eating a couple slices of Pizza Rustica that I bought on the way home to my cousin's hotel, I went to the beach. Bought a Sunday Miami Herald.
I took a swim in the water, which was actually fairly cold. Cold by South Florida standards was in the low 70's. At Atlantic City it's about 43 degrees. hah.
I'd like to say that going in the ocean that bright January 1st afternoon symbolized a rebirth or cleansing or some metaphorical crap, but basically it felt good and now, on the 2nd, I appear to have a headcold.
New Years Resolutions to come soon.

3 comments:

Myasorubka said...

Um....ocean rebirth? Did you miss last season of Curb Your Enthusiasm??

Anonymous said...

Chris,
Sounds like you had a good time. Well, you better come to LA soon so we can re-live our crazy Cali party experiences. Can't wait!

CY said...

What I've seen of Curb Your Enthusiasm hasn't motivated me to go out and buy the dvd's....haha

L.A. soon enough....