November 23, 2005

Pre-Turkey day at the airport

I'm typing away at my laptop at Ft. Lauderdale airport like some kind of road warrior. The place has free wireless in all terminals as a male voice tells me over the PA system. The only catch is it's slow as molasses.
Fortunately, what's not slow as molasses is the security line I got through. I came to the airport about 1'45" before my flight, which is extremely unlike me. I normally like cutting it so that I join the tail end of my boarding group on the plane without ever needing to sit on some uncomfortable chair. But with the holiday flight and bad weather in the midwest and all, I figured better safe than sorry. This just goes to show I should continue getting to the airport with eight minutes to spare because I got through security in 52 seconds without a wait and my gate was mere feet away, on supposedly the worst travel day of the year. But I don't want to jinx it because we still have to go through Chicago.
BTW, for some reason I always order cranberry juice when I fly. Or ginger ale. I never drink either of those beverages when my feet are on solid earth. I wonder why. Is anybody else like that?

2 comments:

Myasorubka said...

No way!!! My flight beverage is always - ALWAYS - tomato juice with ice. One time on Air France my tomato juice came with a small packet of celery salt, and I practically swooned....

CY said...

aww c'mon R, we all know it's a bloody mary.