December 8, 2005

flying on coke

So I'm at my desk eating a Wendy's spicy chicken meal and reading some document simultaneously to maximize my work time....sad isn't it....and I look at my iced tea cup, which has a bright label on it proclaiming, "Buy 32 drinks = 1 FREE 1-way ticket"
Hmmm, I thought in between parsing sentences of a land use plan amendment ordinance.
Free flight eh? 32 drinks eh? SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM!
But upon closer examination, it seemed like you really can fly on airTran anywhere they fly after sending in 32 drink upc codes. Who's heard of airTran, please raise your hands. Seeing no one, I now close the public hearing. Sorry, I have city government meetings on the brain.
I googled "wendys free flight" and came up with the promotion on the first hit. airTran appears to be a discount airline with ATL as its hub. And they fly to Ft. Lauderdale, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, all the places I want to be. You can't fly from SF to LA without going through Atlanta but hey should be a nice trip.
A 20-oz drink at Wendy's probably costs $1.90 or so, call it two bucks. 2 times 32 = 64. 64 dollars in change from between my car's seat and the floor don't seem too bad for a free flight. that's 128 bucks for a roundtrip. And all the soda I could drink in several months. Oh wait, maybe you need to buy a meal to get the cup. and the deal expires at the end of the year or whenever Wendy's runs out of cups with the offer on the side.
hmmm, how to beat the deadline.
well, simply buy Wendy's for everyone in the office, that's it.
could come up with the goods in a couple days.
get everyone obese off of square burgers.
sounds like a plan.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Meanwhile, if you buy 32 bottles of Jack Daniels you get a free flight on America West.

I'll be here all week... tip your waitresses!